NOTICE OF BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING
A public meeting of the Budget Committee of the Oregon City School District 62, Clackamas County, State of Oregon, to discuss the budget for the fiscal year July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014, will be held at the Board Room, Jackson Campus, 1306 12th St., Oregon City, OR 97045. The meeting will take place on May 20, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to receive the budget message and to receive comment from the public on the budget. This is a public meeting where deliberation of the Budget Committee will take place. Any person may appear at the meeting and discuss the proposed programs with the Budget Committee. A copy of the budget document may be inspected or obtained on weekdays after May 20, 2013 at the District Office, 1417 12th St., Oregon City, OR, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Notice of the Budget Committee meeting will also be posted on the District website at: www.orecity.k12.or.us/budget
150-504-075-1 (Rev 12-12)
The Four Things to Know About the Budget at Oregon City Schools
1. State funding for our local schools is on the decline.
2. The majority of our local schools revenue comes from the State.
3. We put a higher percentage of funds in our classrooms than the state average.
Visit our Budget Comparison page to see how we compare to the state average.
Vist our Academic Achievement page to see how our students perform compared to students in other districts.
4. Reduced budgets have led to $31.7 Million in budget cuts to our schools over the last 5 years.
- Cutting school days
- Closed Park Place Elementary School
- Closed King Elementary School
- Closed Mt. Pleasant Elementary School
- Reconfigured 6th Grade from Elementary School to Middle School
- Cut 49 teaching positions
- Cut 42 classified positions
- Employee contract concessions
- Used almost $1,000,000 of reserve funds
- and many more
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.