The Four Things to Know About the Budget at Oregon City Schools
1. State funding for our local schools is on the decline.
2. The majority of our local schools revenue comes from the State.
3. We put a higher percentage of funds in our classrooms than the state average.
Visit our Budget Comparison page to see how we compare to the state average.
Vist our Academic Achievement page to see how our students perform compared to students in other districts.
4. Reduced budgets have led to $31.7 Million in budget cuts to our schools over the last 5 years.
- Cutting school days
- Closed Park Place Elementary School
- Closed King Elementary School
- Closed Mt. Pleasant Elementary School
- Reconfigured 6th Grade from Elementary School to Middle School
- Cut 49 teaching positions
- Cut 42 classified positions
- Employee contract concessions
- Used almost $1,000,000 of reserve funds
- and many more
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.