Reconfiguration Task Force Board Report 03.12.12
The Reconfiguration Task-Force delivered a status report to the Board at the March 12, 2012 regular board meeting. The Task-Force was charged to develop possible implementation plans for continued consideration of two possible options for reconfiguration:
Option A: (1 Year Plan)
- Close Mt. Pleasant (12-13)
Option E: (2-3 Year Plan)
- Close Mt. Pleasant & King (12-13)
- Reconfigure K-5 elementary
- Reconfigure 6-8 middle
- Add modulars to Ogden Middle School
- Temporarily locate Gardiner’s 6th grade at Mt. Pleasant
There are two significant changes to the Option E proposal since the last report to the Board on February 27, 2012:
1. Relocating 6th grade in 2012-13, and
2. Planning for only two middle school campuses. Sixth grade would remain in self-contained classrooms at the middle school campus during a planning year or two years to develop a new integrated grades 6-8 middle school model.
Remember that these are conceptual ideas that have the potential to add value to our elementary and middle school programs within our current resources. Many details must be developed prior to a possible board decision before the end of April.
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.