Oregon City Superintendent Larry Didway recently announced that Stephanie Murdock has been selected as the new Vice Principal at Ogden Middle School. Murdock will join the district in August, replacing Brad Shreve who will become the principal at Lebanon High School.
"Stephanie was chosen from a large competitive field of candidates through a rigorous selection process. We were all impressed with the depth of her knowledge about quality instruction and her commitment to the success of all students."
Superintendent Larry Didway announced that Crystal Laier will serve as interim principal at Jennings Lodge and Candy Lane Elementary Schools next year while the district recruits and hires a permanent principal. Javier Castaneda, the current principal, is relocating with his family to Idaho.
"I have confidence in Crystal's ability to provide positive leadership and facilitate the important community building that will be needed following the impact of reconfiguration." Didway said. Starting next fall, Jennings Lodge will serve Kindergarten through second grades and Candy Lane will serve third through fifth grades. Both schools will welcome several new families from King Elementary that closed this spring. The district's Spanish bilingual program is also located at Jennings Lodge and Candy Lane.
Download the UpFront Newsletter (PDF) which includes:
- Message from the Superintendent: A New, Improved School District
- Poetry Out Loud: Helen Tkach Learns and Wins
- Oregon City Community Education Classes and Activities
- Gaffney Run Walk Club Tallies Miles for Health
- Read Across America and Into Cool Careers
- Middle School Change for Better Learning
- Stop Summer Learning Loss; It is Easier Than You Think
- The Gym is Alive With the Sound of Music
- Speech-Language Pathologists Boost Student Learning
- School Directory and Calendar
View Community Education classes online, with online registration!
On June 4, 2012 Oregon City School District Superintendent Larry Didway announced Clackamas Academy of Industrial Sciences (CAIS) Principal Ginger Redlinger will become the Principal at John McLoughlin Elementary. King Elementary Principal Kyle Laier has been named Principal at CAIS, following the closure of King Elementary at the end of the school year.
"Ginger Redlinger and Kyle Laier both have outstanding records as talented educational leaders," Didway said. "We are fortunate to have both of them on our administrative team."
On May 14, 2012, the Oregon City School Board unanimously adopted new school attendance boundaries to be implemented next school year. The new boundaries are necessary as a result of the recent board decision to close King and Mt. Pleasant elementary schools and move all 6th grade students to middle school. All families with elementary and middle school students will receive letters from the district and school with more information by early next week.
Attendance Boundary Maps
Attendance boundary maps for each elementary and middle school are available below in PDF form, with former attendance boundaries also available.
New Gardiner Middle School Attendance Area
- New Gaffney Lane Attendance Boundary Map
- New Jennings Lodge/Candy Lane Attendance Boundary Map
- New McLoughlin Attendance Boundary Map
New Ogden Middle School Attendance Area
- New Beavercreek Attendance Boundary Map
- New Holcomb Attendance Boundary Map
- New Redland Attendance Boundary Map
Please see the following links for additional information about the development and implementation plans for the proposed new attendance boundaries.
- Superintendent Letter to All K-8 Families (PDF)
- Tips for parents and students coping with change (PDF)
- Boundary Report to the Board May 14, 2012 (PDF)
- Boundary Hearing May 7, 2012 (PDF)
- Boundary Informational Night, May 2, 2012 (PDF)
- Principles for boundary development and frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.