Positive Behavior Support
Positive Behavior Support (PBS) is a systematic approach to proactive behavior support in schools. It is comprised of a broad range of systemic and individualized strategies for achieving important social and learning outcomes while preventing problem behavior with all students.
Oregon City School District adopted the PBS initiative in the Fall of 2004. All 10 of our elementary schools, both middle schools, and our high school have been implementing PBS since the 2004-05 school year.
PBS in OCSD is organized around 5 major systems:
- District level support system
- Proactive school-wide reward and discipline systems
- Classroom and behavior management systems
- Targeted group interventions
- Assessment based individualized student interventions
To maintain sustainability of the PBS initiative, the district has established the following:
- District level support
- District-wide PBS Coordinator
- School based Student Support Teams
- Monthly Team Leader meetings (PBS and SST)
- On-going school and district-wide training and staff development
For more information visit the Oregon Department of Education
For comments and questions please contact:
OCSD PBS Coordinator
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.