5th Grade Math Curriculum Map (PDF) - revised April, 2013 for use beginning in 13-14.
Order homework and/or remembering pages from the IMC here.
OCSD Common Math Assessments - 5th Grade
Order assessments electronically from the IMC here.
- Part 5.1 - Area & 2D Figures (PDF)
- Part 5.2 - Place Value & Decimals (PDF)
- Part 5.3 - Fractions (PDF)
- Part 5.4 - 3D Figures & Volume (PDF)
- Part 5.5 - Division Algorithm (PDF)
- Part 5.6 - Algebra, Functions, & Coordinate Grids (PDF) - Coming soon!!!
- Part 5.7 - Multiplication & Division of Fractions - Coming soon!!!
- 5th Grade Multiplication / Division Fact Fluency (PDF)
5th Grade Instructional Resources
September - mid-October: Basic Facts & 2D Geometry
- Bridges Supplement (C1) - Classifying Triangles & Quadrilaterals
- Bridges Supplement (D3) - Area of Triangles & Parallelograms
mid-October-November: Place Value & Adding & Subtracting Decimals
December - January: Adding & Subtracting Fractions
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Primes, Composites, & Common Factors
- Bridges Supplement (A6) - Fraction Concepts (LCM, GCF, etc.)
- Bridges Supplement (A9) - Adding & Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- Adding Fractions - Add Fractions like an Old Egyptian Cat
First-half February: Volume & 3D Shapes
- Bridges Supplement (C3) - 3D Shapes & Nets
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Introducing Volume
second-half February - March: Division
- Bridges Supplement (A3) - Estimating to Multiply & Divide
April - mid-May: Functions, Algebra, & Coordinate Grids
- Reading Bar Graphs - Practice with double bar graphs
- Reading Circle Graphs - Practice with percents and circle graphs
- Explore Circle Graphs - Explore the connection between fractions & percents on circle graphs. Interactive site allows you to create a circle graph to your specifications.
- Bridges Supplement (C5) - Co-ordinate Grids
- Coordinate Graphing / Polygon Review (PDF) Students graph and connect the points printed on the cards, and then review geometry vocabulary by describing two characteristics of the polygons. (Albers)
- Locate Aliens - On-line practice naming coordinates in all 4 quadrants.
- Space Boy - Send space boy to the correct coordinates.
- Co-ordinate Pairs Game - on-line game navigating paths on coordinate grids in Quadrant 1
- Co-ordinate Pairs Game - same as above, but in all 4 quadrants
mid-May - June: Multiplication & Division of Fractions
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.