5th Grade Math Curriculum Map (PDF) - revised June, 2014 for use beginning in 14-15 with Mat.
2013-2014 Resources (to be updated):
OCSD Common Math Vocabulary - 5th
- Part 5.1 - Area & 2D Figures (PDF)
- Part 5.2 - Place Value & Decimals (PDF)
- Part 5.3 - Fractions (PDF)
- Part 5.4 - 3D Figures & Volume (PDF)
- Part 5.5 - Division Algorithm (PDF)
- Part 5.6 - Algebra, Functions, & Coordinate Grids (PDF)
- Part 5.7 - Multiplication & Division of Fractions (PDF)
- 5th Grade Multiplication / Division Fact Fluency (PDF)
Old 5th Grade Instructional Resources
Basic Facts & 2D Geometry
- Bridges Supplement (C1) - Classifying Triangles & Quadrilaterals
- Bridges Supplement (D3) - Area of Triangles & Parallelograms
Adding & Subtracting Fractions
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Primes, Composites, & Common Factors
- Bridges Supplement (A6) - Fraction Concepts (LCM, GCF, etc.)
- Bridges Supplement (A9) - Adding & Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- Adding Fractions - Add Fractions like an Old Egyptian Cat
Volume & 3D Shapes
- Bridges Supplement (C3) - 3D Shapes & Nets
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Introducing Volume
- Bridges Supplement (A3) - Estimating to Multiply & Divide
Functions, Algebra, & Coordinate Grids
- Reading Bar Graphs - Practice with double bar graphs
- Reading Circle Graphs - Practice with percents and circle graphs
- Explore Circle Graphs - Explore the connection between fractions & percents on circle graphs. Interactive site allows you to create a circle graph to your specifications.
- Bridges Supplement (C5) - Co-ordinate Grids
- Coordinate Graphing / Polygon Review (PDF) Students graph and connect the points printed on the cards, and then review geometry vocabulary by describing two characteristics of the polygons. (Albers)
- Locate Aliens - On-line practice naming coordinates in all 4 quadrants.
- Space Boy - Send space boy to the correct coordinates.
- Co-ordinate Pairs Game - on-line game navigating paths on coordinate grids in Quadrant 1
- Co-ordinate Pairs Game - same as above, but in all 4 quadrants
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.