Second Grade Mathematics Curriculum Resources
Essential 2nd Grade Math Resources
Second Grade Math Curriculum Map (PDF) - revised September, 2013
Order Homework and Remembering pages by unit from the IMC here - NEW!!!
OCSD Common Math Assessments - 2nd Grade
Order assessments electronically from the IMC here. *NOTE* These assessments algin with the curriculum map for the 2011 Math Expressions materials. Revisions to the curriculum map and assessments may occur to align with the 2013 materials. It is advised that you NOT order assessments for the entire year.
- Part 2.1 - Basic Fact Fluency (PDF) - (for Sept - Oct)
- Part 2.3 - Place Value & Money (PDF) - (for Nov - Dec)
- Part 2.5 - Telling Time & Graphing (PDF) - (for Jan)
- Part 2.4 - Multi-digit Addition & Subtraction (PDF) - (for Feb-March)
- Part 2.6 - Geometry & Fractions (PDF) - (for April)
- Part 2.7 - Linear Measurement (PDF) - (for May)
2nd Grade Instructional Resources
September - October: Basic Facts:
- Bridges Supplement (A1) - Addition & Subtraction (Number Lines & Fact Families)
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Addition & Subtraction (Missing Addend / Part-Whole Relationships)
November - December: Place Value & Money Concepts:
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Place Value, Numbers to 1,000 (1st grade)
- Bridges Supplement (A4) - Place Value & Comparing Numbers
- Bridges Supplement (A5) - Addition & Subtraction on the Number LIne
- Bridges Supplement (A6) - Money
- Bridges Supplement (A7) - Place Value, Numbers to 1,000 on a line or grid
- Hundreds Grid Riddles (PDF) (Albers) Use these hundreds grids riddles to help your students build place value concepts. Great activity for smartboards and small groups.
- Bank Vault - online game for quickly adding groups of coins to make a desired sum.
- Counting Patterns & Representing Numbers (PDF) (Semrad) Extra practice for 2nd graders on these two concepts.
January: Telling Time & Graphing:
- Bridges Supplement (D5) - Telling Time (am/pm)
- Bridges Supplement (D7) - Telling Time (Hour & Half-hour)
- Interactive Clock - Great instructional tool for whiteboards!
- Telling Time Match (1/2 hour) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Match (15 min) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Match (5 min) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Practice - Fast-paced on-line game telling time to the nearest 5 minutes.
February-March: Multi-digit Addition & Subtraction:
- Bridges Supplement (A3) - Addition & Subtraction (Multi-digit Strategies & Estimation)
- Bridges Supplement (A9) - Addition & Subtraction (Traditional algorithms & Empty Number Lines)
- Addition & Subtraction Practice Pages (PDF) Practice pages for addition and subtraction with regrouping. The pages increase in difficulty progressively and provide additional space for student work.
April: Geometry, Arrays, & Fractions:
May - June: Linear Measurement:
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Non-standard Units
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Length (Customary Units)
- Bridges Supplement (D3) - Length (Metric Units)
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.