Second Grade Mathematics Curriculum Resources
2nd Grade Math Resources
Second Grade Math Curriculum Map (PDF) - revised September, 2013
Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (PDF)
Math Expressions: Common Core Mega Math Games (DOC)
Math Expressions: Common Core Formative Assessments (DOC)
IMC Ordering - 2nd Grade
*NOTE* These assessments align with the curriculum map for Math Expressions: Common Core. See OCSD Report Card correlations here.
2nd Grade Instructional Resources
September - October: Addition and Subtraction Within 20
- Bridges Supplement (A1) - Addition & Subtraction (Number Lines & Fact Families)
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Addition & Subtraction (Missing Addend / Part-Whole Relationships)
- Bridges Supplement (A5) - Addition & Subtraction on the Number LIne
- Twenty Frames (PDF)
November - December: Addition Within 200
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Place Value, Numbers to 1,000 (1st grade)
- Bridges Supplement (A4) - Place Value & Comparing Numbers
- Bridges Supplement (A7) - Place Value, Numbers to 1,000 on a line or grid
- Hundreds Grid Riddles (PDF) (Albers) Use these hundreds grids riddles to help your students build place value concepts. Great activity for smartboards and small groups.
- Bank Vault - online game for quickly adding groups of coins to make a desired sum.
- Counting Patterns & Representing Numbers (PDF) (Semrad) Extra practice for 2nd graders on these two concepts.
January: Length and Shapes
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Non-standard Units
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Length (Customary Units)
- Bridges Supplement (D3) - Length (Metric Units)
Mid-January - February: Subtract 2-digit Numbers
- Bridges Supplement (A3) - Addition & Subtraction (Multi-digit Strategies & Estimation)
- Addition & Subtraction Practice Pages (PDF) Practice pages for addition and subtraction with regrouping. The pages increase in difficulty progressively and provide additional space for student work.
March: Time, Graphs, and Word Problems
- Bridges Supplement (D5) - Telling Time (am/pm)
- Bridges Supplement (D7) - Telling Time (Hour & Half-hour)
- Interactive Clock - Great instructional tool for whiteboards!
- Telling Time Match (1/2 hour) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Match (15 min) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Match (5 min) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Practice - Fast-paced on-line game telling time to the nearest 5 minutes.
April: 3-Digit Addition and Subtraction
- Bridges Supplement (A6) - Money
- Bridges Supplement (A9) - Addition & Subtraction (Traditional algorithms & Empty Number Lines)
May - June: Arrays, Equal Shares, and Adding or Subtracting Lengths
- Part 2.3 - Place Value & Money (PDF)
- Part 2.5 - Telling Time & Graphing (PDF)
- Part 2.4 - Multi-digit Addition & Subtraction (PDF)
- Part 2.6 - Geometry & Fractions (PDF)
- Part 2.7 - Linear Measurement (PDF)
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.