A new version of the district website is available at OCSD62.org.
If the new website is missing anything or you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The old website (orecity.k12.or.us) will remain online in its current state until May, 2015. All new content and page edits will be made on the new site.
Content on this site is not being updated and may not be current or correct.
Second Grade Mathematics Curriculum Resources
2nd Grade Math Resources
Second Grade Math Curriculum Map (PDF) - revised September, 2013
Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (PDF)
Math Expressions: Common Core Mega Math Games (DOC)
Math Expressions: Common Core Formative Assessments (DOC)
Think Central Log In Directions for Math Expressions: Common Core
IMC Ordering - 2nd Grade
*NOTE* These assessments align with the curriculum map for Math Expressions: Common Core. See OCSD Report Card correlations here.
2nd Grade Instructional Resources
September - October: Addition and Subtraction Within 20
- Bridges Supplement (A1) - Addition & Subtraction (Number Lines & Fact Families)
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Addition & Subtraction (Missing Addend / Part-Whole Relationships)
- Bridges Supplement (A5) - Addition & Subtraction on the Number LIne
- Twenty Frames (PDF)
November - December: Addition Within 200
- Bridges Supplement (A2) - Place Value, Numbers to 1,000 (1st grade)
- Bridges Supplement (A4) - Place Value & Comparing Numbers
- Bridges Supplement (A7) - Place Value, Numbers to 1,000 on a line or grid
- Hundreds Grid Riddles (PDF) (Albers) Use these hundreds grids riddles to help your students build place value concepts. Great activity for smartboards and small groups.
- Bank Vault - online game for quickly adding groups of coins to make a desired sum.
- Counting Patterns & Representing Numbers (PDF) (Semrad) Extra practice for 2nd graders on these two concepts.
January: Length and Shapes
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Non-standard Units
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Length (Customary Units)
- Bridges Supplement (D3) - Length (Metric Units)
Mid-January - February: Subtract 2-digit Numbers
- Bridges Supplement (A3) - Addition & Subtraction (Multi-digit Strategies & Estimation)
- Addition & Subtraction Practice Pages (PDF) Practice pages for addition and subtraction with regrouping. The pages increase in difficulty progressively and provide additional space for student work.
March: Time, Graphs, and Word Problems
- Bridges Supplement (D5) - Telling Time (am/pm)
- Bridges Supplement (D7) - Telling Time (Hour & Half-hour)
- Interactive Clock - Great instructional tool for whiteboards!
- Telling Time Match (1/2 hour) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Match (15 min) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Match (5 min) - On-line Practice Game
- Telling Time Practice - Fast-paced on-line game telling time to the nearest 5 minutes.
April: 3-Digit Addition and Subtraction
- Bridges Supplement (A6) - Money
- Bridges Supplement (A9) - Addition & Subtraction (Traditional algorithms & Empty Number Lines)
May - June: Arrays, Equal Shares, and Adding or Subtracting Lengths
- Part 2.3 - Place Value & Money (PDF)
- Part 2.5 - Telling Time & Graphing (PDF)
- Part 2.4 - Multi-digit Addition & Subtraction (PDF)
- Part 2.6 - Geometry & Fractions (PDF)
- Part 2.7 - Linear Measurement (PDF)
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.