3rd Grade Math Curriculum Map (PDF) - revised June, 2014 for use in 2014-2015 with Math Expressions: Common Core
Math Expressions: Common Core Formative Assessment Questions by lesson: list (DOC)
IMC Ordering - 3rd Grade
3rd Grade Instructional Resources
September - November: Multiplication and Division
- Bridges Supplement (A1) - Equal Expressions
- Bridges Supplement (A3) - Division
- Bridges Supplement (A7) - Multiplying Multiples of 10
- Understanding Multiplication: Matching Story Problems. (King 3rd & TOSA) This activity helps students differentiate between addition and multiplication situations. Teachers print and glue these stories and expressions onto index cards. Students each receive a card and search among their classmates to find their match.
- Bridges Supplement (D2) - Area
- Bridges Supplement (D5) - Area (Customary)
- Bridges Supplement (D6) - Area (Metric)
December - February: Multidigit Addition and Subtraction and Write Equations to Solve Word Problems
- Bridges Supplement (A3) - Multi-digit Addition & Subtraction (connects to place value & the number line)
- Bridges Supplement (A4) - Place Value
- Bridges Supplement (A6) - Estimating to Add & Subtract
- Cafeteria Menu Graphing Problem - On-line problem set for reading and creating graphs.
March: Geometry - Polygons, Perimeter, and Area
- Comparing Pattern Blocks. (King 3rd & TOSA) Use this sentence frame to help students communicate about characteristics of polygons.
- Bridges Supplement (C1) - Parallel, Perpendicular, & Intersecting Lines
- Bridges Supplement (C4) - Quadrilaterals
April: Explore Fractions
- Learning Basic Fraction Concepts - This website has 5 levels of activities for introducing basic fraction concepts.
- Fraction Flags (1/2 & 1/4) - On-line activity to paint flags cut in halves & quarters.
- Fraction Flags (1/3) - On-line activity to paint flags cut in thirds.
- Pattern Block Fractions - This on-line set of questions is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to pattern blocks and fractions! Be sure the students have access to actual pattern blocks when figuring these out.
May - June: Measurement, Time, and Graphs
- Bridges Supplement (D3) - Telling Time
- Interactive Clock - Great instructional tool for whiteboards! A powerful way to show elapsed time.
- Bridges Supplement (A7) - Connecting Time to Multiplication
- Graphing Time & Temperature (PDF) - Students can perform an experiment, taking the temperature of a glass of water as an ice cube melts. This page allows them to communicate their results as a line graph.
- Metric Units - Weight & Liquid Volume (PDF) - This worksheet asks students to determine which metric unit makes the most sense for the object being measured.
- Converting Liquid Units of Measure (PDF) - Using pictorial support, students use multiplication and proportional reasoning to covert liquid units of measure.
- Converting Units Review (PDF) - Students review converting between units of time, length, volume, and weight. Equivalencies are given at the bottom of the page; this would be a good opportunity for students to use a claculator.
- Part 3.1 - Problem Solving with Addition & Subtraction & Graphing (PDF)
- Part 3.2 - Geometry, Perimeter, & Area (PDF)
- Part 3.3 - Multiplication & Division Concepts (PDF)
- Part 3.4 - Fractions (PDF)
- Part 3.5 - Measurement (Time, Mass & Capacity) (PDF)
Oregon City School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer.